8.11.2011

VISITING THE LAS VEGAS MARKET

Las Vegas World Market 2011 I recently had a chance to visit the Las Vegas Market for the first time, and I was completely gobsmacked. Although I knew it would be big, I was not prepared for the size of this show. I've never seen anything like this. I think all the shows I've been to since I was in design school combined would still not come close the the Las Vegas Market. We're talking three giant buildings of 10 and 16-storeys high. A mega shopping mall for the people in the industry.
Las Vegas World Market 2011
Las Vegas World Market 2011



The indoor architecture was unbelievable. Take a look at the view from the escalators in Building B. The photos below were taken from the escalators looking up and down. Isn't it beautiful?


Las Vegas World Market 2011

Every space I visited was labelled and easy to find. The program booklet which had the plans for each floor with the location of each supplier also included colored markers in four corners of each floor. So if you were not sure where you were you could look up to check the color of the light on the ceiling and you would be able to quickly identify your location. Very smart!

Las Vegas World Market 2011
Las Vegas World Market 2011

It's a great place to find out the latest trends from more than 1,500 manufacturers and new resources. Needless to say I did not see everything but I'm glad I got to see some great items and inspiring displays from various suppliers as shown below.
Las Vegas World Market 2011
Las Vegas World Market 2011
Las Vegas World Market 2011
Las Vegas World Market 2011
Las Vegas World Market 2011
Las Vegas World Market 2011
Las Vegas World Market 2011
Las Vegas World Market 2011
Las Vegas World Market 2011
Las Vegas World Market 2011
Las Vegas World Market 2011
Las Vegas World Market 2011

I also discovered a great party room on the roof of one of the buildings connected to a large outdoor roof terrace offering breathtaking view of the mountains surrounding the city. I can imagine how beautiful this space could be furnished and stylized for a evening party overlooking the lights of the city.
Las Vegas World Market 2011
Las Vegas World Market 2011
Las Vegas World Market 2011



 

No comments:

Post a Comment