7.06.2009

Modern hospital in Ibiza


During one of my many walks in Ibiza town, I noticed this great looking public building. I was surprised when I realized that it was actually a hospital: Centre Salut Vila. It looks nothing like the typical depressing institutionalized hospitals I'm used to seeing. This one looks good: simple, modern, minimalist. I actually peeked inside (sorry no pictures from inside, I didn't feel it was respectful to the patients inside), the indoor space was really nice as well. It had a very open and airy feel and there was a lot of natural light coming inside the building, partially due to a little indoor courtyard. I imagine it's much better to work in a hospital like this one than the typical old, stuffy and dark hospitals. I think good design and integration of natural light and plants help patients feel better faster in a hospital.

Modern architecture hospital Ibiza

Modern architecture hospital Ibiza

Modern architecture hospital Ibiza


The two large openings in the following picture are for the ambulances to come in. The garage seems to have been designed in such a way that the passerby can't see too much of the "action" as ambulances arrive to the hospital, which is a great idea.

Modern architecture hospital Ibiza


I love the way the windows and garage entrance were designed. They look like they were carved out of the building.

Modern architecture hospital Ibiza

No comments:

Post a Comment