5.06.2011

Q&A : UPDATING A KITCHEN

Q: I would like to update and warm up my kitchen without completely renovating it. I have white cabinets and appliances that I would like to keep and recently added new wood floors. What would you suggest I do?

A: The first thing I would do would be to paint the walls in a warm neutral color like, like Benjamin Moore's Brandon Beige to help bring some of the warm tones from the floor on the wall. Then I would change the counters and add a backsplash to add texture and interest. You could use a warm gray quartz like the Alpina White from Silestone and match it with a tile like the Moonbeam Freeway tiles from Terra Verre. Another option would be to use black counters to add more contrast and white glass tiles on the wall for a bit of sparkle and texture. A third option would be to install a dark brown counter and a backsplash mixing various tones of browns and beiges and white.



Additionally, changing the faucet and replacing the ceiling light with halogen track lights will also warm up the space and update the look and feel of the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment